Quimica

This is my attempt at expressing my busy, procrastinating life. Obviously, these things keep me from posting often.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I don't know!!

In the words of Julie Andrews from Sound of music:

"I don't know; I don't KNOW!"

I am faced with one of the biggest decision of my life since choosing a college. I have to pick between Highlands H.S. and Simon Kenton H.S. for my student teaching.

The problem is all the pros and cons for each just about equal the other's. Highlands is a great opportunity professionally. They are actively recruiting me and may offer me a position when I graduate. I think I'll like the teacher there and the students will be students. (duh) On the other hand, I already know and have worked with the teacher from SK. We will do well together, I'm sure.

I was originally scheduled to go to SK, and Highlands is just a recent offer. I would not even be contemplating this, if Debbie (SK teacher) wasn't going to be on maternity leave for the first few weeks of my student teaching. This would set me back almost to X-mas for finishing the semester. I really don't want that!

I guess, considering all the advice I've been given, Highlands is the better of the two; but I just feel like this whole summer has been leading up to teaching at SK, and now I have to switch gears and do something else.

I've been praying about this and I will have already chosen by the time you read this; so just pray that my decision results in the experience I was meant to have this Fall.

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home